TERMS & CONDITIONS – LAST UPDATED 02/04/2020
Bod Australia Pty Ltd is the owner and manager of this website https://bodscience.com/
Types of Information Collected and Stored
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), “personal information” means “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable”. The information/opinion does not have to be recorded in writing or be true.
Bod Australia collects and processes personal information about you that is reasonably necessary for us to perform our functions and activities, including providing information on our website. If you do not provide this personal information, it may limit the services we can provide to you, and we will be unable to process your information requests. The types of personal information that we collect includes:
- your name;
- mobile phone number;
- email address; and
- images (of you or otherwise) that are uploaded to our websites or social media channels and electronic newsletters that we distribute.
Except if your information is required to be retained under an Australian law, or a court/tribunal order, we will hold your information until you notify us that you no longer wish to be contacted by us or, for EU, UK or Californian residents, until you request that we erase your data.
Why We Collect and How We Use Your Personal Information
to provide you with any services or goods that you may request, including information, follow-up services or materials;
- use of your details to be sent to a third party (such as a clinic, prescriber or doctor).
- to respond to any query or complaint that you may make;
- for any other purposes required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order;
- to make product and purchase recommendations or offers to you;
- to review, assess and improve our services;
- to carry out direct marketing and social media marketing activities (including posting); and
- to help us analyse and predict consumer behaviour (but only where the information is aggregated and anonymous).
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We make every effort to follow industry standard security measures for personal information under our control. Only authorised staff and consultants have access (on a restricted basis) to the personal information we collect. We regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although we endeavour to protect information you transmit to us, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information, and you transmit it at your own risk. You may be able to configure your browser to advise you whether the information you are sending us will be secure (encrypted) or not secure (unencrypted). Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to protect the information on our own systems. For more information, you might like to refer to the OAIC Guide to Information Security, at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/
Destruction and De-identification of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if:
- we no longer need to use or disclose the information in any of the ways we are entitled to use or disclose it under the APPs or applicable privacy laws; or
- we are not legally required to keep the information.